- Brewery Assistant
- Managing Director
- 30th September 2019
The White Hag is a Sligo based brewery established in 2013, and operational since 2014 that specialises in the brewing, canning, packaging, and distribution of beer for its customers, across Ireland and Internationally. The White Hag brewery consists of a production facility (35 HL) with onsite packaging of its beers, focusing on quality and consistency across its annual beer calendar. The White Hag has small batch production capabilities used for the development and refinement of new products as well as seasonal one-off beers.
The brewery assistant role at The White Hag brewery will be responsible for assisting in brewery operations, packaging and warehouse management. You will be a key component in the floor’s production team, ensuring the beer goes from the production stage to dispatch in a smooth and efficient manner while maintaining the highest possible quality.
You will be responsible for ensuring employee safety and food safety standards are met in relation to packaging and storage of beers.
Performance will be assessed based on hitting production and packaging targets, and ensuring QA goals are met and surpassed on primarily metrics of quality. You will also assist in the development of lean processes supporting eCommerce service fulfilment.
Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- Strong communication skills to interact with colleagues, vendors and customers in a professional manner
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures
- Ability to work safely and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and manage stressful circumstances associated with a fast paced and evolving work environment
- Have a working knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services
- Firm understanding of quality assurance and quality control
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Ability to lift heavy weights repeatedly in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Additional duties may be assigned):
- Brew and package beer in accordance to brew schedule
- Maintain a clean and functional facility at all times
- Raw ingredient handling
- Packaging and stock management
- Operate a forklift safety
- Able to work a flexible schedule including shift work and weekend work as required
- Assist other employees when necessary
- Oversight and scheduling of packaging staff to fulfil packaging operations
- Assistance with the development of, and adherence to procedures to ensure safety, quality and efficiency
- Maintain accurate written and electronic records
- Weekly inventory of packaging materials and coordination of transfers from the warehouse
- Perform/maintain cellar inventories
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control
- Assist in the development of The White Hag’s HACCP and safety standards
- Work collaboratively with other departments to coordinate work and sharing of resources
- Establish/follow preventative maintenance schedule for all existing equipment
- Identity improvement opportunities to increase equipment capabilities
- Follow-up and check-in with managers on any maintenance concerns
- Work with outside vendors to establish maintenance and installation procedures for all equipment
- Assist with The White Hag’s events as required
- Any other duties as assigned by the management team
- Full Driving Licence desired
If you would like to be part of a passionate team, contact jobs@TheWhiteHag.com with your CV and motivation letter.