HAGSTRAVAGANZA is back...
…and we’re 5. So there’ll be beer.
As ever our ambition for HAGSTRAVAGANZA is to bring a mix of brilliant brewers to Sligo for an International brewery festival. Some are established as global industry leaders, while some are breaking onto the scene. All of them are breweries we admire and we think you’ll do the same. We bring the founders, brewers, the people who make the beers here to meet you. And thats why they come, to meet you.
As the festival scene in Ireland grows and evolves, we are striving to set an even higher bar for ourselves and the industry. We’ll be implementing a few tricks and tip’s we’ve picked up on our travels to make this the best yet and feel free to let us know if we’re missing anything!
Unfortunately we have not been able to raise the max capacity of attendees permitted since last year and approximately half of our tickets are sold or allocated already, so if you are intending on coming we advise you get your tickets now.
We have some new additional features and some returning, here’s an overview:
- We’re opening early on Friday with an all-in ticket for the Barrel aged talks and tasting – (previously reserved for barrel adopters only).
- We open early Saturday at 13.30 to accommodate new train times
- The last train to Dublin Saturday evening is now 19.23 – an extra 1.5 hours for day trippers
- Every brewery will run a tasting station at some point over the day where you can meet the brewer and tell them how much you love their beer!
- We’re aiming for the festival to break even for the first time, so all profit is going to a local Sligo charity this year and all partners to the festival are helping to make this happen
- Tickets are staying the same price, as are tokens. No inflation around here!
- We’ll have a range of swag and take out beers on sale on site.
- THE NOISIEST TRAIN IN EUROPE IS BACK (But a little bit earlier…)
- The Sligo Pub Crawl is bigger and better – with some TTO’s in Sligo town.
- There will be live music, there will be straw boys, there will be
- There will be even more providers of gorgeous local food on site from the Sligo Food Trail
As ever, we’ll introduce each brewery over the coming weeks, and give you some insight into what they do. Do connect with them and get to know a bit about them in advance.
We also have a list of supporting food, drinks and hospitality partners who we recommend in Sligo for your stay, you can find them here.
So, lets get you some tickets.
Check out this year's line up of breweries
We’re keeping servings to 150ml due to universal approval last year. We also had lots of feedback to say most beer fans wanted to taste as many of the 60 beers as possible, but with servings of 330ml, it just wasn’t possible without wasting valuable, gorgeous beer!
The front bar is gonna be back for those who want to relax with a full 330ml out in the Wild Atlantic sunshine….
The token system remains dead simple – €2.50 per token, 1 token per drink. Tokens also used for food, swag, take out and tipping 😉
The entire festival is token payment and we ask attendees to only bring Debit/Credit Card payment please! We have improved our card payment system AGAIN and will have THREE token points this year, with cabled systems.
We have invested over the past 3 years in the infrastructure, equipment and people we need to make the festival happen, and so this year we intend to break even for the 1st time! All profits generated will go to a local Sligo charity.
Your ticket will get you access, a guide, a glass, drink tokens, entertainment and a free train ride back to Sligo. You’ll get over 8 hours of access to beers not poured here before, in the company of the brewers who make the beer. Amazing. You wouldn’t see it on the radio….
As beautiful as Ballymote is, we won’t leave you stranded! If there’s one thing we heard loud and clear it is that the train must return! And so through our friends in Irish Rail, the train will return and collect us all on the Saturday night to transport us all to Sligo for the Beer Crawl at 9.40pm.
We are adjusting opening times to suit the train times arriving from Sligo and Dublin, and to allow day trippers have a longer day at the festival.
We will have some stewards on hand to help get you safely on the train, but we’d like everyone ensure we bring our waste with us on each train journey over the day!
No matter where else you are coming from, Irish rail have trains running from Dublin and Sligo all weekend that will drop you to the Brewery. Just check out Irishrail.ie for more info.
For more information on how to get to Hagstravaganza and where to stay click here.
Bands & Acts
You all loved the bands last year, so we have a cracking line up of local and national acts to see. We’ll also be bringing in some amateur DJ’s who moonlight as professional brewers.. watch this space..
We’ll also be hosting the Irish traditional act known as the Strawboys, who make their only ever summer appearances at HAGSTRAVAGANZA